Periodontal surgery has come a long way. Now, patients with moderate to severe gum disease can get the most advanced laser gum surgery in Mansfield, TX with Dr. Jeff Buske. Dr. Buske is one of the few dental professionals in the country to offer the FDA-cleared Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®), a gentle, minimally invasive periodontal surgery that is less painful and more therapeutic than conventional gum disease treatment.
Backed by science and histological studies, laser gum surgery in Mansfield, TX is the preferred gum disease treatment today. Here is why:
- Less pain: Patients who choose LANAP® for periodontal surgery experience less pain, because there is no cutting or stiches involved. Instead, Dr. Buske aims gentle, therapeutic pulses of light between the teeth and gums to target diseased tissue and destroy bacteria. All that is needed is a local anesthetic to numb the gums.
- Less inflammation and bleeding: Dr. Buske uses the FDA-cleared Periolase® MVP-7™ to perform laser periodontal surgery, the top dental laser currently available for LANAP®. Unlike scalpel periodontal surgery, which cuts away nearby healthy tissue and can generate a lot of bleeding and inflammation, the laser is specially engineered to gently target only the bad tissue and control the bleeding that leads to inflammation.
- Speedy recovery: Laser periodontal surgery makes it possible for patients to heal faster than ever before. LANAP® removes bacteria and diseased tissue without harming healthy tissue so your body is able to recover faster.
- Little to no gum recession: Laser periodontal surgery is minimally invasive and less harmful to gum tissue compared to scalpel surgery. Scalpel periodontal surgery involves cutting along the gum line to get at bacteria inside the gum pockets. Good tissue is often destroyed in the process, leaving patients with some gum recession. Laser attacks bad tissue only, leaving healthy gum tissue intact.
- Saves and protects teeth: Nobody wants to lose their teeth and most patients who choose laser gum surgery in Mansfield, TX with Dr. Buske do not. Laser periodontal surgery saves teeth because it stimulates bone growth in jaw bone giving natural teeth the support they need to stay in place.
Call us today for your own laser periodontal surgery consultation.